Product Development Engineer
Specialty Films for Laminating, Printing, Coating and Converting
The Company: Major film manufacturer with multiple plants throughout the US. Company focuses on custom-engineered solutions to solve the toughest flexible packaging challenges.
Summary: Hands on Product Development Engineer to work internally as well as with customers to solve problems and develop new films and packaging applications.
Location: Preferred location is southeast but will consider mid-west and perhaps west coast depending on experience. Remote is also an option.
• Develop blown film coextrusions to provide desired functionality and physical performance.
• Optimize financial goals through material cost take out and waste reduction while maintaining material performance.
• Investigate and stay current on new resin and additive technologies.
• Support Sales through interaction with customers to solve packaging challenges.
• Support Operations in the manufacturing of blown PE based thin films.
• Run customer trials at the converter and end users if required.
• Minimum 7 years’ experience in blown film extrusion and converting.
• Knowledge of Polyethylene, Polypropylene Nylon and EVOH required.
• Knowledge of the resins and additives used in the manufacture of films.
• Knowledge of flexible packaging converting equipment and end user equipment.
• Technical knowledge of the end use of flexible packaging for food and / or non-food applications.
• Medical packaging experience would be a plus.
• Good communication skills and technical writing skills.
• Ability to relate well to customers.
• Open to domestic travel to our plants and customer sites to support development activities.
Education: Chemical or Package Engineering or similar technical degree.
Reports to: Vice President of Technology
Leave a Reply