Application Development Engineer
The Company: Global company with US Operations. Recent plant expansion.
Summary: Work closely with Sales, Market Development, Quality and Customers providing a high level of customer service through the development and commercialization of films for multipack shrink films, sealant films, barrier films and MDO films.
Location: East Coast or Mid-West. Will consider Remote. Travel required.
• Work directly with the customer / end users, running field trials and making adjustments / recommendations to the customers or internally to optimize the productivity of the product.
• Qualify technical films for optimal package integrity, marketing appeal and packaging machine performance to meet or exceed customer expectations.
• Develop plant manufacturing specifications, product testing and film qualification on customer equipment (and / or converter and end user).
• Understand the customer’s converting equipment functionality and requirements and assist customers with running trials in their facility.
• Work closely with colleagues domestically and overseas to bring the best available technology to the domestic market.
• Facilitate problem solving efforts internally, with the converter and the end user.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in film extrusion developing films.
• Preference would be for blown film extrusion.
• Clear knowledge of the resins and additives used in the manufacture of films.
• Experience in setting up and running development trials, collating and presenting the data (internal and external) and running the product at the end user to verify it meets or exceeds the end users requirements.
• Strong project management and statistical analysis skills.
• Good communication skills and ability to lead technical meetings.
Education: Chemical Engineering, Polymer Science or other technical degree required.
Reports to: Manager of Application Engineering and R & D for North America.
Great Opportunity for someone early in their career to be mentored but a knowledgeable manager.
Leave a Reply